ROADS TO RECOVERY: TIPS AND TRICKS
Another wonderful way to start reprogramming your mind and think and feel differently is by using daily, if not hourly affirmations. Print out your favorites and place them around your house. Just like dieters put little hopeful phrases on their refrigerator to help keep them strong through weak moments… Do the same for yourself. Put affirmations wherever you typically pick at yourself: in the car, at your computer, on the bathroom mirror.
Affirmations – Practicing Forgiveness
- I forgive myself completely.
- I forgive my mother completely
- I forgive my father completely
- I forgive myself for having unpleasant, angry or judgmental feelings.
- I forgive my skin for not being perfect in an otherwise imperfect world.
Affirmations – Practicing Self Love
- Everything I need is already within me now.
- I love myself as a woman (man)!
- I am a wonderful woman (man)!
- I no longer pick my face.
- It is safe for me to be a woman (man).
- It is safe for me to receive.
- It is safe for me to receive my father in my environment with love and without fear.
- It is safe for me to receive my mother in my environment with love and without fear.
- It is safe for me to receive my male (female) in my physical body in my environment as a female (man).
- I am worthy of all that I desire in life.
Affirmations – Practicing Being Connected to the Present Moment
- I am in my body, front to back, side to side, head to toe, facing forward, with both feet on the ground, staring straight ahead.
- It is safe for me to relax and receive what I want in my physical body and in my environment.
- Every day in every way I’m getting better, better, better.