OUTSIDE HELP: ‘NON TRADITIONAL’ HEALING
General Detoxification of the Body
- Start a high fiber diet with plenty of organic food which reduces exposure to pesticides, hormones and herbicide residues.
- Increase fresh unprocessed foods and reduce over processed fatty foods: hydrogenated fats, refined sugar, refined flour, cream, cheese, eggs, fried foods, meat, butter, margarine.
- Limit salt intake which can mess with your body’s pH and set off breakouts.
- Include regular protein-rich foods better sources being nuts, seeds, peas, legumes, beans, lentils, sprouted beans and grains.
- Take a Multivitamin and mineral supplement.
- Consider cold-pressed flaxseed oil daily – which is an emollient anti inflammatory and a good source of GLA.
General Detoxification of the Body – Deleting Dairy
Refined and concentrated sugars, hydrogenated oils, fried foods, white-flour products, alcohol and dairy products can all have adverse effects on your skin. So keep an eye for them. Dairy products in particular have been known to be a cause of excess mucus in the body. As a result, dairy has been linked to sinus problems, allergies, lung problems and specifically skin problems.
Another thing to consider if you don’t want to delete dairy entirely from your diet is to at least buy organic milk products. The FDA now allows cows to be injected with RBGH (Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone). It makes the cows produce more white blood cells and as a result more pus in their milk. Milk is processed in batches, so if you are not drinking organic milk, butter, yogurt or cheese, odds are there is RBGH milk mixed in what you’re eating.
General Detoxification of the Body – Water – the Source of Life and Health
Water is the largest component of the human body. An average guy is approximately 50-65% water (roughly 45 quarts). Woman are generally a bit lower because their larger proportion of fatty tissues which don’t hold water as well. Infants are over 70% water!
Water regulates body temperature, carries nutrients and oxygen through the bloodstream and cushions bones, muscles, joints and organs.
One of the best things that you can do for your complexion is to drink water. You’ve heard it before, how you’re supposed to drink 8 glasses of water daily. But really think about it… If you were drinking that much water, your bloodstream would be cleaner and able to spread oxygen more readily and the oily substances that come through your skin would be more shall we say… filtered. That’s because water keeps your tissues flushed so that waste and toxins won’t be dumped out through the skin. Water enables your body to get rid of impurities more easily. It releases the body of toxins that could make acne worse.
Drinking the right kind of water is your best offense against life’s impurities. Fluoridated tap water may leach Vitamin E out of your body. Bottled water is better. But the best kind of water you can drink for your skin is 100% steam distilled water. Your body needs organic minerals. But water is not the best place to get them. All the minerals you need can be found abundantly in a healthy diet. Distilled water is free from chemicals and minerals and is the best water for your skin.